Created: August 2017
Riverside County NOW Bylaws
Article l. Name
The name of this organization of women and men is “Riverside County National Organization for Women,” (RCNOW #0120).
Article ll. Statement of Purpose
RCNOW’s purpose it to take action through intersectional grassroots activism feminist ideals and includes: freedom from discrimination because of race, ethnic origin, age, marital status, sexual preference/orientation or parenthood. A women’s right to choose. Continue to achieve, protect equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life. We will continue to support, promote endorsed candidates, and platforms that represent the National Organization for Women.
Article lll. Membership
Any person that supports the ideals/platform of RCNOW”S purpose shall be able to become a member of NOW and responsibilities thereof. To be a chapter member one must be a member of the national organization. No one will be excluded who subscribes to NOW’s purpose. Dues shall be $40 per fiscal year or reduced scale $15-$34.
Article lV. Meetings
1. Meetings shall be held on the 4th Thursday of each month unless advised otherwise. A months notice will be given to members via email/FB in the event that this day must be changed. Meetings will begin at 6:30 pm and all members are advised to please be prompt. The chapter will hold a Holiday gathering in December in lieu of a meeting.
2. Any number shall constitute a quorum, except for the annual meeting shall consist of the actual chapter membership.
Article V. Officers and Board
1. RCNOW officers must be paid members and their duties shall be:
a. The President shall be the principal spokesperson and administrator of the chapter and manage day-to day affairs of the chapter between board and chapter meetings.
b. The Vice President shall assist the President and chair meetings in the absence of the President.
c. The Secretary shall take and keep the minutes of the board and chapter meetings as well as attend to general chapter correspondence.
d. The Treasurer shall receive all funds of the chapter and shall deposit them in such bank as may be designated by the president. Anytime a disbursement is made, both President and Treasurer will sign checks. In the event of an emergency, where one party can not sign checks, only one signature will be required and board will be notified. Treasurer will keep complete records and be prepared to report to the President, board and members during general meetings.
2. An RCNOW officer constitutes the board. RCNOW board will meet at least 4 times per year.
3. In the event of a vacancy of an officer, the vacancy shall be filled ASAP by the President, till an election can be held and voted on by its members.
4. The officers and board shall be elected annually at the annual meeting. To be held usually in January. Time and date will be set forth by the operating rules of RCNOW.
Article Vl. Committees
1. Committees are an integral component in order to successfully operate RCNOW.
2. Committee leaders are voluntary positions.
3. The following are our committees: GOTV, Membership, Legislative, Media & Communications (FB, Twitter).
Article Vll. Grievance
1. All members and guests will conduct themselves with mutual respect and civility.
2. There will be a ZERO tolerance for bullying, yelling, belittling or rudeness toward others.
3. In the event that you feel you have been a victim, it is the policy of RCNOW Board to notify us ASAP, either by email, phone, or in person. Note: Although this has never happened, know we will not tolerate this behavior.
Article Vlll. Non Discrimination/Affirmative Action
1. Although the primary language spoken in meetings is English we will make every effort to accommodate everyone.
2. RCNOW does NOT discriminate on the basis of: race, creed, color, religion, the LGBTQ community, or one’s gender identity.
3. RCNOW welcomes ALL people with disabilities and is committed to holding events with accessibility to the handicap.
Article lX. Dissolution
1. RCNOW Chapter can be dissolved upon 2/3 vote of its members present and voting.
2. Upon dissolution, of the chapter, the board and officers shall, after paying or making provisions for payment of all liabilities of the Chapter, remit all remaining assets to CA NOW.